Sunday, April 3, 2011

Revisions...again...and...again

I don't have much more to say about revision. Revising allows you to improve upon the germ of the good idea that already exists within your first draft. However, until I actually experience this for myself, the idea of having ONE sole editor is vastly superior to that of having assorted classmates read over your work. And this isn't to knock my classmates. There's just too many people suggesting that the things that they like be applied to what I write. I just want to know if my dialogue sucks, if the atmosphere I'm trying to invoke is there, what could be expanded upon and if I'm rambling on too much.  I do not, however, want to know how you would tell my story.

1 comment:

  1. aha. that is the drawback of the workshop--you've certainly hit that coffin nail on the head. don't forget to bring that up in class next time you're about to workshop....

    ReplyDelete